It’s no secret that technology changes fast, and these rapid advancements can change the way businesses operate. For those who want to stay on the cutting edge and be competitive in the new year and beyond, here’s a look at how experts think the IT enterprise landscape will evolve in 2021.
Prediction #1: Cyber attackers Will Increasingly Target Remote Workers.
A lot of businesses and staff rely on unsecured networks and systems to conduct remote operations. In fact, the latest data and surveys have found that:
- About 85% of company leaders say they knowingly compromised their company’s IT security by trying to rush to get employees set up to work remotely.
- About 60% of businesses that shifted to remote working found new cybersecurity risks when their staff started working remotely.
- More than 40% of companies are not sure about how to prevent cyberattacks when their staff is working remotely.
- About 1 in 3 companies with remote workers say they do not require have authentication measures set up for those accessing their systems remotely
Cyberattackers know all of this, and they will try to take advantage of it more and more in the new year.
Prediction #2: Automation Will Continue to Be a Prominent Trend.
Artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, and other forms of automation will be adopted by more and more businesses for an increasing number of processes and operations. While this should optimize efficiency and grow productivity, it will also make businesses more agile and resilient.
Prediction #3: ERP Systems Will Migrate to the Cloud.
Businesses will increasingly move their enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems off-site, relying on cloud solutions. While this trend can reduce the costs of operating and maintaining ERPs, it will also make it easier for companies to:
- Free-up precious on-site space
- Adopt new ERPs that can streamline other departments or operations
- Seamlessly migrate data between various systems, platforms, and services
Prediction #4: IoT and the Cloud Will Be Essential.
From data analysis and forecasting to secure storage, the internet of things (IoT) and the cloud will continue to be crucial players, with more businesses using these IT resources to derive greater intelligence while enhancing staff and customer experiences. In fact, many companies will use these critical IT resources in tandem as they move towards optimizing their systems and operations.
Let’s Talk About IT Services & Solutions for Your Denver Business: Contact IT1 Services
Offering managed IT services, cloud computing solutions, and on-site IT support when you need it, IT1 Services can provide comprehensive IT services and turnkey solutions to your Denver business. As the go-to source for small businesses’ technology needs, IT1 Services creates and manages an array of technology and IT solutions to help Denver businesses achieve their goals and next-level success.
Call (303) 682-6964 or email us for 5-star IT consulting services and support in Denver.
At IT1 Services, we’re proud to offer custom plans, exceptional IT services, and competitive prices. And we’re always proud to be there to help our clients—remotely and on-site—whenever a crisis strikes!